Thursday 1 March 2012

Psycho

..can Mary fry some fish, Mama
I'm hungry as can be
oh lord, how I wish Mama
u could stop the baby cryin'
'cause my head is killing me.
I saw my ex again last night Mama
she was at the dance at Miller's store
she was with that Jackie White Mama
I killed them both
& they're buried under JaKob's sycamore.

u think I'm psycho don't ya Mama
I didn't mean to break your cup
u think I'm psycho don't ya Mama
u better let 'em lock me up.

oh, don't hand me JoHnny's pup Mama
as I might squeeze him too tight
I'm having crazy dreams again Mama
so let me tell u 'bout last night
I woke up in JoHnny's room Mama
standing right there by his bed
with my hands around his throat Mama
wishing both of us were dead.

u  think I'm psycho don't u Mama
I just killed JoHnny's pup
u think I'm psycho don't u Mama
u better let 'em lock me up.

oh u recall that little girl Mama
I believe her name was Betty Clark
oh don't tell me that she's dead Mama
'cause I just saw her in the park
we were sitting on the bench Mama
thinking of a game to play
seems I was holding a wrench Mama
then my mind just walked away.


u think I'm crazy don't u Mama
I didn't mean to break your cup
u think crazy don't u Mama
Mama why don't u get up..?? _ Mama, Mama.


Leon Payne _

No comments: